CVRT Test Centre
Our custom built CVRT Test (VTN) Centre is fitted with the very latest in computerised testing equipment. Our friendly and efficient staff will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, before and after the test. Relax in our dedicated waiting area and enjoy our complimentary Tea and Coffee making facilities or watch TV while your test is completed.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is required for the Commercial Vehicle test?
- The person presenting the vehicle for its test is now required to produce Presenter I.D. in the form of a valid Driving Licence or Passport at the test centre.
- The Vehicle washed and cleaned.
- The Appropriate Fee – see below for costs.
Q. How often is a Commercial Vehicle test required?
All Commercial vehicles now require the CVR Test (formally VTN and DOE Test) to be carried out every year.
Q. What happens if my vehicle fails the test?
Cost & procedure of a retest
- the vehicle does not have to repeat the full test; rather, it is tested only on the failure points from the first test.
- A visual re-test is free, but a retest that requires a test lane has a fee of €43.58
- You should repair vehicle fail items immediately and present the vehicle for re-test as soon as possible.
Q. How do I make a booking?
You can call us on 057 912 1366 to make a booking or book online – see options above
Q. What times can I book a test for?
Monday to Friday: 9am to 6pm (closed for lunch 1pm to 2pm)
Saturday: 9am to 1pm (closed Saturday of Bank Holiday weekends)
Please book early to secure the most suitable appointment
All prices include VAT
|LCV 3.5 Ton or less
|HCV 3.5 ton to 7.5 ton
|HCV over 7.5 ton 2 axle
|HCV over 7.5 ton 3 axle
|HCV over 7.5 ton 4 axle
|Coaches – Less than 14 seats
|Coaches – 14 seats or more
|Motor caravans – with 2 axles
|Motor caravans – 3 or more axles
|Tacho – Analogue 2 yr inspection
|Tacho – Analogue 6 yr calibration
|Tacho – Digital 2 yr callibration
- Best Independent Workshop of the Year Award25 January, 2016 - 12:13 pm
We are delighted to announce that Garahys have won the LCV / HCV Independent Workshop of the Year at the Irish Auto Trade Awards at a Gala Dinner at the Citywest Hotel, Dublin in October…
- VTN Test, DoE Test or CVRT?8 November, 2014 - 6:26 pm
The RSA is now responsible for the overall supervision of the Commercial vehicle roadworthiness testing system…